After Burning a DVD?

Rickee

I have burned a DVD using this program. When it goes into a "closing session" it seems to lock up. I have let it do that for 30 minutes and had to close the program. I could not eject the dvd from the player either unless I rebooted the PC. This has done it twice to me. What am I doing wrong?

Probably using old firmware, crappy discs or burning too fast for your drive/firmware/media combo.

Post the log any we'll be able to offer some decent advice (copy + paste from the log window when it's stuck at that end bit).

As you can see there are no tell tale signs of errors:

I 04:41:06 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 04:41:06 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 04:41:06 Total Physical Memory: 2,029,320 KB - Available: 1,149,056 KB

I 04:41:06 Initialising SPTI...

I 04:41:06 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 04:41:06 Found 1 DVD

Nothing in that was you even attempting to burn a disc!

Open the program, burn something and then copy + paste from the log window when it's stuck on the 'sync cache' bit.

The log window is open by default on a fresh install. If you've closed it down, open it up again via the 'View' menu.

Nothing in that was you even attempting to burn a disc!

Open the program, burn something and then copy + paste from the log window when it's stuck on the 'sync cache' bit.

The log window is open by default on a fresh install. If you've closed it down, open it up again via the 'View' menu.

OK here it is and it's currently closing and has been there for a while:

I 05:47:37 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 05:47:37 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 05:47:37 Total Physical Memory: 2,029,320 KB - Available: 1,035,728 KB

I 05:47:37 Initialising SPTI...

I 05:47:37 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 05:47:40 Found 1 DVD

I 05:58:11 Destination Device: [2:1:0] HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H73N B103 (E:) (Fibre)

I 05:58:11 Destination Media Type: DVD+RW (Disc ID: RITEK-004-48) (Speeds: 4x)

Is that drive on a Dell computer? If it is then have a look at this link. You might also want to update your chipset drivers (you can find out which chipset you have using SIW/Sandra/similar tools).

I 05:58:11 Destination Device: [2:1:0] HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H73N B103 (E:) (Fibre)

I 05:58:11 Destination Media Type: DVD+RW (Disc ID: RITEK-004-48) (Speeds: 4x)

Is that drive on a Dell computer? If it is then have a look at this link. You might also want to update your chipset drivers (you can find out which chipset you have using SIW/Sandra/similar tools).

Yes it is and it's currently stuck on this and has been for almost an hour

post-16783-1233496954_thumb.jpg

I think it's safe to say it's not going to work then!

Before you terminate the process, open the log window up (which shouldn't really be close down in the first place) and press the F8 key.

Do you see lots of entries being added to the log window?

What do they say? (copy + paste them)

Your drive is currently showing us a 'Fibre' which is just plain wrong. Replacing your controller drivers with some better ones might fix that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.