putting .avi files in order on a dvd

deceasedlavy

i've got eleven .avi files that i'm burning onto a dvd+r. i go to "write files/folders to disc", and i add the eleven files. they are listed in the order that i want them in the window, which also happens to be in numerical/alphabetical order. essentially, the only difference in their names is the last 3 characters: 101, 102,...106, 201,...205. yet when i burn the disc, then play the dvd in my dvd player, it ends up like this: 204, 205, 102,...203, 101. i tried juggling them in the list, then burning again, and it comes out exactly the same. sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but i looked through the faq's and realized i really don't know what to search for; maybe i'm just a novice but i have no idea why it switches the order on me. any ideas?

The files are listed in alphabetical order in the filesystem, so it's your player that isn't following. Which filesystem(s) are you using? From my experience ISO9660 + Joliet is what works best with those players.

The files are listed in alphabetical order in the filesystem, so it's your player that isn't following. Which filesystem(s) are you using? From my experience ISO9660 + Joliet is what works best with those players.

i was using ISO9660 + UDF. switched to + joliet and it solved the problem! thank you very much!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.