Newbie Question - Burn Files

jcws6

I'm a former Nero user, and I've got a pretty stupid ImgBurn question. In Nero, if I want to burn data (files & folders) to a disk, I would just browse to a folder in the program, then select the files I want & drag them to the burning pane.

For some reason, I can't figure out how to do this in ImgBurn. It looks like I can either burn files or folders (by selecting one folder at a time), but I have no idea how to burn a directory full of crap directly onto a disc. I'm sure I'm missing something completely obvious, so any help would be appreciated.

As you've already noticed, ImgBurn's Build mode is nothing like Nero's one - this is 'by design'. It's designed to be basic, quick and dirty. If you need a proper interface, stick to Nero!

If you have a folder full of files/folders you want to burn, just drag that single folder to the source box (from an explorer window) or add it via the 'Browse for folder' button.

When you go to write the disc you'll be asked if that folder represents the root folder, say 'yes' and only its contents will appear on the disc. If you select 'no', that folder itself will be written to the root.

i.e. with 'C:\Folder1\' in the source box (with subfolder 'Folder2'), you'll end up with the following:

'Yes' -> '(Disc)\Folder2\'

'No' -> '(Disc)\Folder1\'

-> '(Disc)\Folder1\Folder2\'

Other than what I've just mentioned, think of the 'source' box as the root of the disc. Whatever you drag into it will be visible in the root of the disc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.