Jump to content

VERBATIM DVD+R DL XBOX360 burns incomplete w/ imgburn


Recommended Posts

Hi, can someone please help diagnose my problem:


Pretty new to backing-up DL for xbox360, I received 5 blank Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x discs from friend, had no problem burning them, ALL 5 worked fine, with manual layer break @1913760.

So I bought two 20-packs of same Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x (made in Singapore ones) from Amazon, use the SAME EXACT settings/computer to burn, first 5 discs from pack #1, all failed, then first 2 from pack #2 ALL failed also, got Amazon to RMA them.

Received two new 20-packs, first disc from new pack #1, failed. Didn't want to try anymore until the problem is found.

Very bad luck if it was bad Verbatim discs...

The images are good, because was successful burning the same image using friend's Verbatim disc.

Could it be Something else?

I also tried once with CDClone and the error looks the same.

It seems like the disc are not burning onto the 2nd layer and not finalizing. The program seems to burn through, but when verifying, it fails. Here's log from two discs from different packs.

DVD drive is from EMPREX (about 2 months old only) - Can burn single layer DVDs just fine


I 16:55:25 ImgBurn Version started!

I 16:55:25 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 16:55:25 Total Physical Memory: 2,096,108 KB - Available: 1,503,448 KB

I 16:55:25 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:55:25 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:55:25 Found 1 DVD

Edited by jimmi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

you could start by updating to the latest version of ImgBurn :whistling: its[/i]


I originally used v imgburn and did my first 3 XBOX360 burns with no problem (using my friend's Verbatim disc), switched to WIN VISTA 64-bit and v imgburn, then started having the problems, but I was using the new disc I bought at Amazon. So I started backtracking, going back to, then going back to WIN XP 32-bit, yet the new disc still didn't work. BUT - I did make another copy with my friend's Verbatim disc and it works. So I don't think it's a software issue. Thanks for the input volvofl10.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Going solely by this list (from this page) it seems firmware 1.09 is the best to have. You might also want to try burning at 4x to see if you get a better burn.




My optiarc is packaged by the crappy brand EMPREX, I got the latest firmware from sony site - AD7200S_10A11W_1531_01, but when flashing saids "Target drive is not found correctly" - So I google and some people have the same problem with Emprex drives and said to use binflash, so I got that but haven't been able to find the firmware by itself (.bin only) - I will look again for v 1.09.


I have burned at x2.4 and x1 - haven't gone up to x4 or faster yet, will try after flashing firmware.


Thanks a lot for the reply, I will post the results.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

see if they verify in another drive against the image as my optiarc's seem to have a problem when I have used l&d firmware or messed on with them. (even if you have not flashed with hacked firmware)




So you think I should take those bad copies I made and verify on other DVD-rom drives? I currently only have 1 dvd-rom drive.

My next step would be to get a new Pioneer burner.

But could it be possible the Verbatim discs from Amazon are from a bad batch? --- 4 x cakes of 20-packs, all bad? What are the chances?


In the read-out of the bad discs, they all have a lot of free spaces, even though according to programs imgburn and CDClone the burn was "complete" and the tracks (writings) on the DVDs look "filled out" just like any working DVD+R DL burn I made.


(From bad disc)

Disc Information:

Status: Incomplete

Erasable: No

Free Sectors: 2,482,448

Free Space: 5,084,053,504 bytes

Free Time: 551:41:23 (MM:SS:FF)


(From good burn, working disc)

Disc Information:

Status: Complete

Erasable: No

Sessions: 1

Sectors: 3,825,936

Size: 7,835,516,928 bytes

Time: 850:14:36 (MM:SS:FF)



Thanks for the quick reply. I will try all the suggestion and post my results.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's firmware 1.09 in the page I've linked to :thumbup:

Thanks man!


Your previous suggestions worked. I went and up'd the firmware to 1.09 and I also change to 4x --- so the only problem is which one corrected the problem.


I think it was just the speed, because the older firmware 1.R1 worked burned at 2.4x on the same type of Verbatim DVD+R DL discs bought at a different vendor, used before and after the other discs failed.

Can't believe it was that simple.


Thanks again!


Here's the log of the successful burn with 1.09 and 4x


I 11:29:27 ImgBurn Version started!

I 11:29:27 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 11:29:27 Total Physical Memory: 2,096,108 KB - Available: 1,619,092 KB

I 11:29:27 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:29:27 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:29:28 Found 1 DVD

Edited by jimmi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.