Can't Delete Movie File!

Wryter

Trying to delete a file containing a downloaded movie - but it won't work - says "access denied to file VTS_01_4 VOB - file is right protected or in use."

SORRY, CHAPS - I SOLVED THE PROBLEM (BIG BLUSH) JUST RE-BOOTED THE COMPUTER, AND AWAY WENT THE OFFENDING FILE.

SORRY TO BOTHER YOU.

Respectfully. . . .LarryR

Edited by Wryter

Cynthia: Thank you for the wonderful Valentine! Neat-oh.

As to operating system - nope, I'm with XP - but sometimes it gets balky and uncooperative. I never have any trouble with ImgBurn, but I do have some other programs that oft-times give me hiccups. SIGH. Frankly, I'm looking forward to Windows 7 - and a more powerful laptop to go with it! GRIN

Thanks again for the welcome reply.

Respectfully. . .LarryR

I have the same issue from time to time. It seems to happen if you have the folder to show small clips of the contents that Windows goes banana and locks it.

There is a free program that can get rid off such files/folders without having to restart the computer all the time.

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

Hope you had a nice Valentine's day!

Cynthia: Thanks for your reply - and the link! I've copied it down for future reference.

As to "the day?" A quiet one for my wife, Merri, and me - cards and flowers, and a home-cooked dinner. We no longer make a Big Deal out of Valentine's Day - we save our finery for our anniversary.

As I do the cooking, well, I guess dinner was my gift. And instead of Florist-made flowers, we bought a mixed bouquet and my wife arranged them in a vase. She actually loves to do that (she's an artist) and told me she'd rather have that than the more formal florist-created ones. Fine with me! Saves a ton of money!

Respectfully. . .LarryR

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.