Burn process stucked at a random basis. *FIXED*

trojanwarrior

Hello,

I was using imgburn for several years without any problem. Recently I updated my pc and now I have a system with 6gb of ram. So I decided to install xp 64 and vista 64 to use all the ram with a 64bits os. The burner is a Pioner dvr-111L and the media is a first class verbatim (MCC03RG20 searched at http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm).

The burn process starts ok but it gets stucked at a random basis. No progress and the program seems to be stable but no crash and no signal of fault. If I try to close the program it doesn't have any change. I have to terminate the process with the task manager. And the dvd burner doesn't respond until I reboot the machine. I thought my burner was faulted or maybe the media. But I decided to worth a try with vista 64 and to my surprise it worked like a charm without any problem. So what is the problem? Is there any compatibility issue with xp 64? A driver problem? The next test will be with Nero but I don't like it too much, I prefer imgburn. And I don't like vista 64 too. The only reason I have vista 64 installed is to take advantage of directx 10 on some game, that's all.

Thanks in advance.

*FIXED*

Ok, as lightning uk said it was a driver problem. My burner is attached to a pata ide port controlled by jmicron. The another controller on my motherboard is intel but only has sata ports. It was something weird because at the device manager I could see my burner and the scsi controllers from jmicron but no ide devices. So I unninstalled all jmicron drivers, jmicron devices and the burner from the device manager and reboot.

When windows started it detected the new devices: jmicron raid, jmicron sata, dvd burner and the most important that before didnt exists in my device manager: an standard ide controller and a pci to ide controller (or something like that). After the devices were installed imgburn works perfect like always.

Edited by trojanwarrior

It all comes down to your drivers really.

They're what gets stuck... ImgBurn has to wait for them to return control to it after it submits a command for the drive to process.

Ok. I will try to update de jmicron chipset driver because the burner is connected through its ide port. I guess this will fix my problem.

Thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.