Cannot reach ez-mode picker screen

rzeschke

I am attempting to build a XP SP3 recovery disc featured in PC Mag. I am stuck on Step 4: Bootstrap and Burn. PC Mag suggests using ImgBurn for this step. I quote the following from the article, Step 4: "Install ImgBurn, start the app, and click Write files/folders to disc on the first screen". I cannot find how to select click write files/folders. Viewing your website, screenshots I see a screen ez-mode picker which contains a click Write files/folders to disc. When I launch ImgBurn I do not see that screen and I don't know how to reach that screen. Can someone help me?

Are you sure you actually have the 'ImgBurn' program?

Is it version 2.4.2.0?

That button on the ez-mode picker screen is really just a shortcut to 'Build' mode with 'Output' set to 'Device'. You can select those options via the menu at the top.

Yes, I actually have the 'ImgBurn' program version 2.4.2.0.

After receiving your reply, I found the symbols for Write files/folders to disc in the left, lower quadrant of the ImgBurn screen when in Build mode. Those are the same symbols that appear on the ez-mode picker screenshot on the IMgBurn website that I am unable to see when I launch ImgBurn.

With the help of your reply I was able to complete step 4 of the Create a XP SP3 Recovery disc process. I still wonder why I cannot view the ez-mode picker screen, though.

I am new to this forum and I hope I followed prescribed practices. If I should post differently in the future, please let know.

Thanks again!

This is no longer a issue. When ImgBurn launched, I simply selected Tools, Settings, and the Events tab. In the On Startup screen I selected Ez-Mode Picker in the Set Program Mode: box. Now, ImgBurn launches with the Ez-Mode Picker screen. It was just a matter of changing Settings.

Thanks again for your rersponse.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.