Imageburn trouble with windowxp update

LiquidXed

my buffer is jumpin aroung like crazy cause to have burn errors. thought it was my burner. had a sony DRU-800 or somethin.. it used to work good. the best software ever.. but it wasnt i got a new samsung drive and found that if i reinstall widows with a fresh copy.. format and everything.. but DONT update it with widows update . it works flawless. soon as i update with all the updates is when im seein the problem. defragmented and everything.

BTW.. i have windowsxp home edtion with SP3 OEM disc. Now all the installed updates

burning at 6x. Ridata DVD-r ,was also useing Virbatim at 6x it was doint the same thing

I 16:48:09 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 16:48:09 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 16:48:09 Total Physical Memory: 1,834,156 KB - Available: 1,413,608 KB

I 16:48:09 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:48:09 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:48:09 Found 2 DVD-ROMs and 1 DVD

The log shows the buffer recovery kicking in only once, which isn't unusual to happen. Are you having other problems that you think are related to this? Are you sure you're using the latest drivers available for your motherboard's chipset?

By the way...

I 16:48:38 Destination Device: [1:1:0] TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223F SB00 (E:) (ATA)
There's firmware SB03 available for your burner. Remove any disc and close the tray before updating. Reboot after it has finished.

no other problem. i have nero installed and it works fine.. should i change the interface to something other then SPTI-microsoft?? i have the nero ASAPI interface and also VSO.Yes i have all the Drivers updated. XFX 750a Nvidia Mobo.

I was looking for new firmware for my drive, but samsung didnt have it on there website..

also my sony dru-800 was doin the samething with the firmware from sony's site updated. thats why i bout this drive

Edited by LiquidXed

I was looking for new firmware for my drive, but samsung didnt have it on there website..

I have the same burner. With the first firmware (the one you have) it was the pure crap. Later firmware releases have improved it.

This is the Samsung firmware page.

http://www.samsungodd.com/Eng/Firmware/FWD...earchWord=s223f

:)

It updated but did not help..

Changed to the Aspi Nero WnAspi32 Version 2.0.1.80. And it worked Flawless, the buffer stayed up at 100% the whole time.

Like i said before useing the SPTI from microsoft work at first with a clean install of windowsxp home SP3. but after i updated with windows update, it started acting up.

I 15:36:06 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 15:36:06 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 15:36:06 Total Physical Memory: 1,834,156 KB - Available: 1,455,648 KB

I 15:36:06 Initialising ASPI...

I 15:36:06 WNASPI32.DLL - Nero WnAspi32 - Win32 Nero Aspi Library - Version 2.0.1.80

I 15:36:06 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 15:36:06 Found 2 DVD-ROMs and 1 DVD

Like i said before useing the SPTI from microsoft work at first with a clean install of windowsxp home SP3. but after i updated with windows update, it started acting up.

Perhaps after that you got SP3 installed, install 1 update each time and do a burn between to see which update that makes it go banana.

:)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.