Problems Playing DL Discs in my DVD Player

aseiser25

Hello,

I'm trying to backup my dvds but I am having trouble playing them in my Philips DVP5990 DVD player.

I use DVDFab HD Decrypter to rip my dvds and ImgBurn to burn them onto Verbatim 2.4x DL discs.

My problem is with my dvd player. Some discs load quickly, some take like 5 minutes to load, and others will spin for over 10 minutes and never load at all and I just turn the player off. Also the ones that never load in the player work fine in my computer.

Is this just a problem with my DVD player or am I doing something wrong in ImgBurn? I don't understand why most discs work, but others don't when I do the same thing everytime.

Below should be the log for my last non-working disc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I 19:51:03 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 19:51:03 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 19:51:03 Total Physical Memory: 1,963,848 KB - Available: 1,204,524 KB

I 19:51:03 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:51:03 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:51:03 Found 1 DVD

How old is that stand alone player? Sounds to me as it is one of those that doesn't really like burned discs. Might also try to use that cleaning disc in the stand alone player.

Edit: The brand/model of that stand alone player?

:)

How old is that stand alone player? Sounds to me as it is one of those that doesn't really like burned discs. Might also try to use that cleaning disc in the stand alone player.

Edit: The brand/model of that stand alone player?

:)

The player is a Philips DVP5990/37 1080p upconvert dvd player.

I bought it because it was supposed to play about any file you throw at it like Divx/Xvid. I was hoping it wouldn't have a problem with my ImgBurned discs but unfortunately that is not the case.

If I am doing everything correct in ImgBurn, then it must be the dvd player, right?

Thanks for the help!

You could try the burned discs in some other players. If they load without issues, you know it's your player.

Yeah, I just tried the disc in an older Toshiba DVD player and it loaded in like 5 secs. My Philips player must just be picky. Thanks again for the help and quick responses.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.