Please Help, running out of disc.

MrWalker

Cant get it to work lately, hav not had any problems before. cant recall any changes to hardware either. Only using verbatim DVD-R.

Latest software install where Vista SP2 beta could it be that.

I 18:54:36 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 18:54:36 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Edition (6.0, Build 6002 : Service Pack 2, v.113)

I 18:54:36 Total Physical Memory: 4

Hi and welcome to the forum, MrWalker! :)

Have you tried another speed like 8x?

No, sometimes when i did in the past id get buffer underun if computer was under load.

But 4X has always worked before.

I did update the firmware of the drive not so long ago. official from pioneer 1.28.

can't tell any difference from DVR-212 and DVR-212D. but i checked before update and my drive was labeld as DVR-212 in IMGburn so I choosed that update.

Make sure you're using the latest drivers available for your motherboard's chipset, as 'invalid address for write' is usually collateral to some sort of write error (i.e. it follows another error that may not be being reported/detected).

Well ill check DMA again, something is skrewed. But i checked in Device managder.

My MB is an asusM2n-e SLI and they state that it is an nforce 500 chipset. Nvidia doesnt carry nforce 500. only 520 570 590 etc, asus has no chipsetdrivers, think it using MS.

I tried the one for nforce 570 as they all seemed alike. and now i get this:

I 18:39:52 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 18:39:52 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 18:39:52 Total Physical Memory: 4

Well dont know what exactly happend even dissasmble the drive (my kid once put in a magnet in my former drive). but it actually seems to work know.

Had those drivers before and will try install them again. And keep DMA in my mind.

Hope it stays this way, thanx for help me on the way.

Seems i was wrong. now it doesnt work again writing Slow.

8X seems to work and an old cd-rw work at 10X but not 4X

It seems to me that the problem is the 1,28 firmware for the Pioneer dvr-212

I did downgrade to 1,24 and now it seem to work more stable. atleast for now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.