error formatting bd-re dl tdk

yikes

hello

i tried doing a search on this but didnt not find anything on it. i just bought a pio bdr-203. im using windows xp with latest updates. i bought a 3 pack of tdk dl bd-re and a 5 pack of ridata sl bd-re disk. using the latest version of imageburn.... all the sl disk formatted without incident. the dl tdk however, been given me a bit of trouble. during initial scan before format i get this error : W 21:04:18 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (97%, 0/4) - Positioning Error Detected by Read of Medium. this happens several times and once error is listed the scan restarts back to 0. it seems to happen at any random point in the scan. this happened like 15 times when image burn ejected the disk. i tried it agiain and after like 5-6 more failure i got lucky and it completed and formating began. it did complete its format but i have yet to try an actual burn on the disk. i decided to try a second bd-re dl hoping that maybe i got a bad first disk. this error happen once again but only once and the disk proceded to format. so far i have mad 1 burn on a bd-re sl disk and was suceessful. my question is...what does this error mean? do i have bad disks or a bad burner or both?

thanks

i just tried the 3rd disk and got the following after 6 tries:

E 22:48:00 Failed to Erase Disc! - Reason: Positioning Error Detected by Read of Medium

E 22:48:02 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:05:08

Edited by yikes

It couldn't be more self explanatory, really. In the end it boils down to the burner not liking the media you're using.

You could try finding firmware updates for your burner, which may have better support for the media you're using, and you could try with Verbatim media, as that seems to work better for everyone.

i thank you for your reply but this is not self explanatory to me. this is the first time for me with bluray and ive never encounter these problems before. i just want to make sure this is an issue with the media and not with the burner. id hate to send it back and have it happen with the new one. the funny thing is that i did manage to get 2/3 to format with repeated tries. the 3rd one will not format at all. i also did try looking for a new firmware but this pio bdr203 is so new there isnt one. least none that i couldnt fine.

also i havent seen anywhere that sells verbatim bd-re DL..please direct me please if you know where

my apologies but i also forgot to mention i have no problems formatting ridata bd-re sl disks

Edited by yikes

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.