Problems with writing

young E

First time using Imgburn, and I don't have that intimate a knowledge of burning in the first place.

Essentially I tried to burn onto a Memorex DVD-R an .iso, and get this error.

"I/O Error!

Device: LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S BGS4 (I:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02

Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 2A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 00

Interpretation: Write (10) - Sectors: 0 - 31

Sense Area: 70 00 02 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 30 05 00 00 00 00

Interpretation: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format"

LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S BGS4 (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD-R

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Free Sectors: 2,298,496

Free Space: 4,707,319,808 bytes

Free Time: 510:48:46 (MM:SS:FF)

Supported Write Speeds: 1x, 2x, 4x

Pre-recorded Information:

Manufacturer ID: CMC MAG. AM3

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):

Disc ID: 0@P-!-00

Book Type: DVD-R

Part Version: 5

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified

Number of Layers: 1

Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)

Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 0

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Can anyone help me to correct this or figure out what's wrong, at least?

Flash your burner with firmware BS0Y patched from this page. Remove any disc from the drive and close the tray before flashing. Reboot after it has finished.

If that doesn't solve your problem then you'll need to get better media, such as Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden blanks. Also you might have better luck with DVD+R discs :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Flash your burner with firmware BS0Y patched from this page. Remove any disc from the drive and close the tray before flashing. Reboot after it has finished.

If that doesn't solve your problem then you'll need to get better media, such as Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden blanks. Also you might have better luck with DVD+R discs :thumbup:

From the research I've done, many DVD players do not "play" well with DVD+R discs. DVD-R is actually a better choice for burning movies that you intend to use in a stand-alone/shelf DVD player unit. I did some homework and thought I was making the right decision getting +R discs, only to find out later that a lot of units (for multiple reasons) do not read the +R disc/media well. I'm one of the guys who has been continuously making attempts to burn good movies/videos on +R media and despite numerous changes in settings can't get a respectable output. Good sales pitch for Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden in the above reply though; I regularly see the same media companies mentioned repeatedly in posts here. Are there kick-backs being rewarded for referrals each time the company name is posted in a response, or is there verifiable evidence that Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden discs really are better than the competition? I really am interested and/or curious, I honestly do not know so any light that can be shed on the subject is appreciated. Take care and thanks in advance.

- Cor

Are there kick-backs being rewarded for referrals each time the company name is posted in a response, or is there verifiable evidence that Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden discs really are better than the competition? I really am interested and/or curious, I honestly do not know so any light that can be shed on the subject is appreciated. Take care and thanks in advance

NO there are no kick-backs or any other bullshit going on. If you take the time to read the media section of the forum, you will see, for yourself, that Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden are the best all around media for any style burning. Other name brands usually use shit media made by other producers that are of questionable quality and and that do not last but a few months after burning. Realizing that you are a noob here, I haven't really been mean spirited in my answer, but to infer that the Boss is a shill for any product is insulting and uncalled for. No one made you download or use the program so get the media we recommend and give it a try. :/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.