Problems burning with Pioneer dvr-110d

Gustuf

Here is the situation. I tried burning a DL DVD but it keep failing with "Failed to Write Sectors 1914496 - 1914527 - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error" then "Retrying (1 of 20)" and do nothing afterward. I figured it was the memorex DVDs so I borrowed some Verbatim DVDs from a friend which worked for him. Unfortunately, the problem was still there. I cannot burn past the first layer, as it would just stop burning and and get stuck at retrying until I manually cancel the burn. Also it was weird that the burn speed for both Memorex and Verbatim disks are at 0.5x when set to 2.4x which takes approximately 3 hours for the burn to complete. I coastered about 5 memorex dvds and 3 verbatims and they are all the same, with a burn rate of 650kbps and unable to get past 51% for all of them. I have the latest drivers for my dvd drive and using the latest imgburn. Also, this is the first time that I have burned DL disks for 360, but I have burned PS2 backups successfully in the past with the same drive and system using Memorex DVDs without changing anything. I figure it is not the DVDs since the results were the same for both dvd and working for my friend, and I am not sure if it is the drive as I have burned DL DVDs in the past, though it has been a while. What could the problem be?

Additional info: Burns non-DL DVDs normally

I 19:40:56 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 19:40:56 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 19:40:56 Total Physical Memory: 2,096,604 KB - Available: 1,405,032 KB

I 19:40:56 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:40:56 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:40:56 Found 1 CD-RW, 2 DVD-ROMs, 1 DVD

Edited by Gustuf

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.