FLAC FILES ISO

soylentgreen

My external hard drive failed recently resulting in a loss of my flac files, in hindsite I should have made back ups to discs. This might seem like a dumb question but I want to make sure that I back up my reripped flacs files correctly. My question is can I make a iso image of say my music folder with sub folders of the artists and albums and the flac tracks to DVD discs and if so how do I retreive say them back if I want to create a audio cd from one of my flac albums. :thumbup:

My question is can I make a iso image of say my music folder with sub folders of the artists and albums and the flac tracks to DVD discs

You sure can. Imgburn doesn't care what the files are. FLAC, text, mp3, pictures. It doesn't matter. They're all just data files.

and if so how do I retreive say them back if I want to create a audio cd from one of my flac albums. :thumbup:

The easiest way I can think of is to use Burrrn. It's a really, really good freeware burner made specifically for audio CDs. Let's go through the steps I'd take using the info you've given.

1. Build a DVD image containing your FLAC files using ImgBurn by adding the files you want to the queue. (Build Mode. Read the guides in the guides area of this forum).

2. Burn the image to DVD

You now have a DVD full of FLAC files, yes?

3. Pop the DVD into your drive and fire up Burrrn.

4. Add the FLAC files from your DVD to the Burrrn queue.

5. Pop in a blank CD and hit Go/Start.

Easy. :)

EDIT: Forgot to add the link for Burrrn. :)

http://www.burrrn.net/

My question is can I make a iso image of say my music folder with sub folders of the artists and albums and the flac tracks to DVD discs

You sure can. Imgburn doesn't care what the files are. FLAC, text, mp3, pictures. It doesn't matter. They're all just data files.

and if so how do I retreive say them back if I want to create a audio cd from one of my flac albums. :thumbup:

The easiest way I can think of is to use Burrrn. It's a really, really good freeware burner made specifically for audio CDs. Let's go through the steps I'd take using the info you've given.

1. Build a DVD image containing your FLAC files using ImgBurn by adding the files you want to the queue. (Build Mode. Read the guides in the guides area of this forum).

2. Burn the image to DVD

You now have a DVD full of FLAC files, yes?

3. Pop the DVD into your drive and fire up Burrrn.

4. Add the FLAC files from your DVD to the Burrrn queue.

5. Pop in a blank CD and hit Go/Start.

Easy. :)

EDIT: Forgot to add the link for Burrrn. :)

http://www.burrrn.net/

Thanx for the quick advice, so should I just burn the flac files to dvd as iso or can I burn the folder containing the flac files as iso I want to be able to navigate to a particular artist or album quickly, and how do I view files with an iso.

Your computer doesn't care where the files are as long as it can find them. You can burn any files you choose to an ISO image. When burning your FLAC files from a DVD, think of as a small harddrive. The files will look the same on a DVD as they would on a harddrive. Afterall, a DVD is only a storage device. The capacity might differ but it's no different from a pendrive/flashdrive/harddrive or whatever. Pick the files you want and then burn them to CD.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.