disc works, but I still get an error

Steve480

I was burning a disc and when almost done it came up with an error, Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - (0/3) - Write Error, at the end it says failed to write image. When I put the disc in the 360 it works even played a little of it. I have burnt 6 disc now and this Is the first to say this. Is it the program, does this message come up every so often and I shouldnt worry about it. Hear is the log. Thanks for any help for why this error message came up.

I 21:59:46 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 21:59:46 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 21:59:46 Total Physical Memory: 915,952 KB - Available: 498,752 KB

W 21:59:46 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 21:59:46 Initialising SPTI...

I 21:59:46 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 21:59:46 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Edited by Steve480

http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_1028-fi...c_QS12.EXE.html

Try that firmware update.

The 'MKM-001-00' dye you're using is the best you can get for DL media so if it won't even burn those properly, you know you're in trouble.

'write errors' are certainly not normal and so basically your drive is having trouble finalising the disc. Looking at it, it seems to be quite an old model now... perhaps you should invest in a new one.

Yeah I figured the errors arent normall and I will check the firmware update, but why does the disc still work or does it. Could it mess up as the game goes along? I also verifyed the disc with the same iso and just the disc. Both come out complete saying it was a sucsessfull. So was it actully a sucsessful burn?? Im just left scratching my head! Hear is the image when I put the disc in. Thanks.

HP DVD Writer 640c ES04 (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD+R DL

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Sessions: 1

Sectors: 3,825,936

Size: 7,835,516,928 bytes

Time: 850:14:36 (MM:SS:FF)

DVD

Thanks for the help and fast reply I really appreciate it. And I guess one more quick question if anyone could answer this. Would this game still be able to be played on xbox live. It was already steath patched using abgx. Sorry if I shouldnt be asking that question here, but thought someone might know.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.