Burn DL Works, ISO Fails

randyman

For starters: Thank you for this superb software.

I'm having some inconsistent results, and I don't think it's a function of the media quality, although clearly I might be wrong...

First try: Windows XP, capture with DVD Decrypter.

Direct burn from VIDEO_TS folder to XP drive, 2.4x

Found 'excellent' layer break

Burned on Memorex DVD+R DL No errors

Got error on 'Finalizing Disk', however...

Put DVD into cheapo DVD player (PHILCO) and it works fine anyway.

(I'll take it.)

Second try: Different original, Vista Capture with DVD Fab 5

Decided to build ISO, then burn.

Got multiple 'very good' LBA options, but no idea how to pick one, so picked one in the middle.

Created ISO file, no problem.

Then burned the ISO to DVD, no problem.

Put DVD in PHILCO player, and the player didn't recognize it at all, returned disk error.

Put same DVD in Windows XP DVD drive, played with Windows Media Player just fine.

Third try: Same VIDEO_TS folder as second try.

Plan to burn it direct this time.

Picked the first "Very Good" LBA option

Direct burn from VIDEO_TS folder to DVD, no problems.

Finalized disk, no problem.

Put DVD in PHILCO player, came up fine, plays fine, no problem.

Two questions if anyone has time:

1. How to select the best LBA when there are multiple equivalent options. Always take the first one?

2. Seems to me writing an ISO first should always be the safest way to build a working DVD. Is there some trick to making sure the ISO created will burn an image recognizable to typical DVD players? (I know the PC can recognize just about any folder with appropriate DVD files in it.)

Memorex media can be a bit tricky. Did you verify the burns? Any odd stuff in the logs?

1. Pick one that is around 50/50 and is not in a video part. You can post your actual 'set layer break' window and it might be easier to explain which one to select. The colors should give you a hint.

2. Shouldn't be a difference if you burn directly from source or from an .iso.

1. How to select the best LBA when there are multiple equivalent options. Always take the first one?

blutach wrote a nice explanation some years ago, even if it's for another program, the same criteria is very valid for ImgBurn.

You can find it in step #6 of this guide:

http://www.digital-digest.com/~blutach/dl_...2.htm#BurnSetup

:)

blutach wrote a nice explanation some years ago, even if it's for another program, the same criteria is very valid for ImgBurn.

You can find it in step #6 of this guide:

http://www.digital-digest.com/~blutach/dl_...2.htm#BurnSetup

:)

Thank you for this, it's very helpful. I'm going to retry my test cases and see how things go. Will report back if I find anything useful (particularly any issues related to the Memorex media).

Thanks again for your time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.