ImgBurn will not write at 2.4x on some discs

G35_Racer

Ok I have tried Verbatim 2.4x DVD+DL and it copies and writes at 2.4x no problem, when I try Memorex DVD+DL capable of up to 8x imgburn defualts to 2.4x copy and the write rate stays at 4.0x.

I have tried to limit the write speed via Disc ID and Device but I keep getting write rates of 4.0x.

I am using a Samsung DVD writer. Are the memorex 8x discs not capable of burning at such a low speed? or does the copy rate mean its burning to the disc at 2.4x? which I thought the write rate was the burn to disc speed.

thanks in advance for all the help.

Hi and welcome to the forum, G35_Racer! :)

If the values after the Disc ID is not showing 2.4x - then you can't write at that speed and your writer will pick the one that is the closest value to that.

In this example it will use 4x as lowest speed.

I 01:42:44 Destination Device: [6:0:0] TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223F SB03 (I:) (SCSI)

I 01:42:44 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RITEK-S04-66) (Speeds: 4x; 6x; 8x)

It's not the program that set those values - it's your writer/firmware that set the available speeds.

In this example the writer/firmware allows for 2.4x write speed. Same discs as the above example.

I 23:22:49 Destination Device: [6:0:0] PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-216D 1.09 (H:) (SCSI)

I 23:22:49 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RITEK-S04-66) (Speeds: 2,4x; 4x; 6x; 8x)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.