Waiting for buffer to recover and disc activity to reach theshold

Slackerguy

hi! I know this is a fairly often asked question, but i've been googeling this for some time now without any answer to my problem.

I have a brand new laptop with amd x2 2.2Ghz. I have 4gb RAM and a standard 5400rpm laptop harddrive (320Gb)

I had just restarted my laptop and no other software was running. I was trying to burn a .iso (xbox 360 game) to a verbatim disc at the speed of 2.4x.

It went fine for about 10 minutes and then it stops burning. but it doesn't kill the process it just keeps "waitning for hard disc activity to reach threshold level..."

The process buffer is full and the device buffer is at 5%. Nothing happens it just keeps waiting..

I have vista 32bit. I read something about something calles PIO, but i didn't quite get it..

So, the ten million dollar question is, whats wrong. there shouldn't be anything wrong with the hardware, nor should there be a problem with to low memory.

Please help me, I'm going nuts!

Here's my log:

I 00:07:56 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 00:07:56 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 00:07:56 Total Physical Memory: 2

Hi and welcome to the forum, slackerguy! :)

Some other program or Windows process decided to use the hard disk and as long as the hard disk activity is over a certain level (you can see the value in the settings) - ImgBurn holds the burning until the value is under the set value.

Vista has a bad habit of starting a lot of indexing if it's newly installed - not sure if it was that process that keep the hard disk busy.

Hi and welcome to the forum, slackerguy! :)

Some other program or Windows process decided to use the hard disk and as long as the hard disk activity is over a certain level (you can see the value in the settings) - ImgBurn holds the burning until the value is under the set value.

Vista has a bad habit of starting a lot of indexing if it's newly installed - not sure if it was that process that keep the hard disk busy.

Thank you Cynthia!

I guess you are right, it was probably som indexing, updating or what not.. but I'm glad it finally gave in =)

hopefully it won't happen again.

Thanks for your reply!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.