Failed varification DVD DL

vvvkkkvvv

Guys, have a look at the log below. I am getting a verification error. Tried to burn at 2.4 and 4 - no luck. Strange that I did not have any problems before with the same DVD DL, it is GQ disks. When I just bought this (100pcs) pack of GQ dvds I gave it a try and burnt couple of dvds with verification. Since they were alright I didn't verify them any more and just backed up files directly. A few days ago, without any particular reason decided to varify another back up and it started to give this error. However the burn process seems to be successful, the file at the start of the second layer is corrupt and not readable. Any and all help will be appreciated.

I 13:24:14 Operation Started!

I 13:24:14 Building Image Tree...

I 13:24:20 Checking Directory Depth...

I 13:24:20 Calculating Totals...

I 13:24:20 Preparing Image...

I 13:24:21 Checking Path Length...

I 13:24:21 Contents: 130 Files, 25 Folders

I 13:24:21 Size: 8

Verbatim are sure good quality but I am staying in a middle of nowhere right now and can buy Verds here. thing is I burnt about 50 DVD of same type and started to have problems only now. It might be a conflict with some other software or drivers. I just tried to burn+verify same data with Nero and then verify with ImgBurn - passed both!! The log is below:

I 12:14:35 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 12:14:35 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 12:14:35 Total Physical Memory: 2

It's nothing to do with that.

Your drive is producing the coaster, not the software. The software has nothing to do with burn quality / disc readability, that all comes down to your drive/firmware/media combo.

Try changing the 'write type' to 'incremental' in the settings. That sometimes work differently.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.