why i get so many errors...??

spiderman3k

i try on my vista dint work.. so i did used my son pc.. has xp pro did work did make a succes burn for 1 year i make around 100 copies of games.. some errors but i goy a few games.. but i upgrade my sons computer to vista and i could not make any copy of 360..

i put it back to xp and i keep getting power calibration errors.. or fail to laod a zone.. am running out of ideas.. is been 3 months since my last copy.. i dont know what i can be doing wrong..i do use the verb dvd.. but if some one can take me out of my missery i would appreciated a lot..

I 00:03:28 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 00:03:28 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 00:03:28 Total Physical Memory: 1,047,276 KB - Available: 707,664 KB

I 00:03:28 Initialising SPTI...

I 00:03:28 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 00:03:28 Found 1 DVD

Edited by spiderman3k

I get the feeling that your burner is a bit to old to deal with 8x DL media. I can't find any later firmware that could have solved the issue either and I doubt there will be any more releases of firmware for that burner.

Try to find some Verbatim 2.4x rated media. It's a bit older media and might work better with that burner.

(Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x)

You have currently selected 1x speed and that is the same as the writer is trying at 2.4x speed. Have you tried with another speed like 4x/6x/8x?

nop. i can go and bought another drive.. that will be fine.. wich will be a best choice for u guys..!!!?? i'll give a try with diff speed... thxz again..! well i try diff speed.. and dint work.. my question is.. why i did succesfuly copies for over a year and suddenly i cant?

well here is the log from the other failures...!!!!!!!

I 00:58:55 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 00:58:55 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 00:58:55 Total Physical Memory: 1,047,276 KB - Available: 699,604 KB

I 00:58:55 Initialising SPTI...

I 00:58:55 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 00:58:55 Found 1 DVD

Edited by spiderman3k

Tried to use a cleaning disc? The laser head might just be dirty.

i'll give a try to this today.. c how works..thxz x ur time..

so u guys would let me know wich is the best drive out there to make copies of x360's

Edited by spiderman3k

well guys is working now.. is 1 of this 2 thing i did.. i did clean the lens and also i run the prog(imgburn) as admnistrator.. right now id going 20% of the burning so is working am not sure wich of the 2 fix this this but its hope for me..lol

thxz for ur time.. hope this topic work for some one else!!!!

happy burning..!!!!!!!!!!!

is amazing is even burning the memorex dvd dl(ritek) my burner never burned this dvd before.. i tried somenitimes and always were error.. now i got since last night about 15 copies and counting.. with 2 failures..

am not sure if this failures r normal or not but i will throw a piece of log at my dvd burner and i will think will also burn that now.. yeyyyyyyyy

thxz x ur tip... clean the lense make a huge difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ooo butaway i did clean the lense with 91% alcohol and a cotton stick no pressure at the lense at all and dry the soon ur done with the alcohol.. and shoul be it..

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.