I/O Error

pwnon

I didn't want to create a topic on this, but I've spent the past hour searching the forum and didn't find an answer that fixed mine. I'm trying to burn a copy of the Anonymous DVD Faith4Finance for an upcoming protest. I've never had problems burning DVDs with my computer until now. I get to the beginning, right after the start, and it I/Os. Any clue onto what's gone wrong here? Much thanks in advance.

I 13:03:54 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 13:03:54 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 13:03:54 Total Physical Memory: 2,095,180 KB - Available: 1,426,568 KB

I 13:03:54 Initialising SPTI...

I 13:03:54 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 13:03:54 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Hi and welcome to the forum, pwnon! :)

I 13:04:15 Destination Media Type: None!

What type of disc have you inserted? It looks as your burner can't identify that media.

Is it a Dell computer?

Yes, I've got a Dell Dimension 5150. I just noticed it isn't finding it either....

I'm using Dynex DVD+R discs, 16x, 120min, 4.7GB.

My drive (if not specified already) is a Philips DVD+-RW DVD8701

Oh, and thank you for the welcome.

Edited by pwnon

Yes. I burned a DVD a few weeks ago off of this type of DVD. The drive still works because it reads other DVD discs (although, these are the only type I still have a blank of). I have a Nexxtech and a Verbatim +R discs, only these Dynex's are the only blanks I have at the moment.

That was a weird problem. I tried six discs of the same type, none of them could be found (and coincidentally, those were all the discs I could find). I ended up biting the bullet and buying new discs last night. Sony DVD +R. Did the trick and now I just have to burn 50 of these movies. >__<

Thanks for your help. Love the program, works beautifully.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.