Need help retreiving UDF .avi file

fodorloader

In order to make room on my hard drive I was putting my .avi video files onto 4.7GB disks with an editor and Imgburn. Some of the .avi files were too large for the ISO9660 standard to be used so I just saved them onto disk as UDF 1.02 only, now my dirve won't read the UDF file at all. Is there any way I can get the files off of my DVDs?

The problem started a few months ago and I changed to both file systems once discovered, but prior to the problem the drive had no problems reading UDF.

After burning disks I always check and until the disk when I disocvered the problem all were fine, but not now.

fodorloader

AMD athlon 3700+ 2.41Ghz

2.5GB RAM

HP DVD1040 eh25

discs are Memorex (RicohJPN)

What UDF revision did you use? How are you trying to copy the .avi files (Windows Explorer/My Computer/etc)? If you try to make an ISO image using ImgBurn's Read mode, does it give an error?

What UDF revision did you use? How are you trying to copy the .avi files (Windows Explorer/My Computer/etc)? If you try to make an ISO image using ImgBurn's Read mode, does it give an error?

I used UDF 1.02 I used ImgBurn to copy the files. I captured my 1 hr 1min miniDV tapes with Adobe Premiere Elements as an .avi (approx 13GB) and then using Adobe, cut the file into three segments so as to have 3 files less than the 4.7 GB of a DVD. I saved each .avi file to my hard drive and then transfered the .avi files to disc via imgBurn. Some of the files were just a little too large when using the ISO9660 file system so in Options I disabled it and only used the UDF 1.02 file system. I would then use the Build option in ImgBurn to transfer files to disc.

My DVD drive never had a problem reading the UDF files only, until one day it just started reading only ISO9660 file system and not UDF. I've tried to update drivers, checked DMA settings, disabled and re-enabled the drive but none has changed anything. My best guess is it may have something to do with SP3.

SP3 can read UDF up to 2.01 if I recall correctly, so the file should show in Windows Explorer/My Computer. Try using IsoBuster to see if it shows the AVI file on the disc.

I forgot to note that ImgBurn recognizes that there is something on the disc and that it is UDF. Checking IsoBuster

SP3 can read UDF up to 2.01 if I recall correctly, so the file should show in Windows Explorer/My Computer. Try using IsoBuster to see if it shows the AVI file on the disc.

I can also create an image file on my hard drive from the disc but it is still just a UDF file.

AVI file exists (IsoBuster)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.