Invalid Write Address

ExArmySgt

Log for Xbox360 game burn:

I 15:54:37 ImgBurn Version 2.4.3.0 started!

I 15:54:37 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium x64 Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 15:54:37 Total Physical Memory: 4,192,528 KB - Available: 2,502,696 KB

I 15:54:37 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:54:37 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 15:54:47 Found 2 DVD-ROMs and 1 DVD

First of all, please install the latest ImgBurn version :)

Also look for updated drivers for controller where the burner is attached to (better look in the chipset's manufacturer website than the motherboard's website as the latter aren't updated much).

I had just updated the other day but it must have been just before the 2.4.4 release. I'll try it but have to admit I'm doubting it will help any. Thanks for the info just the same.

Reason: No Additional Sense Information

That's not a normal response from a drive during burning.

It could be that your controller drivers are messing things up and that's a bogus error code.

ImgBurn is then retrying and of course the retry is invalid because those sectors have already been written to.

Reason: No Additional Sense Information

That's not a normal response from a drive during burning.

It could be that your controller drivers are messing things up and that's a bogus error code.

ImgBurn is then retrying and of course the retry is invalid because those sectors have already been written to.

I saw that and thought it odd. Any idea what might cause it to say that or how I might go about correcting this issue? Why would such an issue not be a problem with Nero? I like the burner I have and would prefer not having to buy another. However, going to great lengths such as formatting a hard drive sounds even less appealing. All advice is sincerely appreciated. Thanks.

ExArmySgt

They've probably implemented a workaround for it.

If possible, try reverting to an older driver for whatever controller your drive is on.... do you know which chipset your motherboard uses?

Well, I looked at the device driver and it was your standard Microsoft driver. Anyway, I thought I would see about looking to update the firmware of my drive. Not sure what was in it before but I updated to Liggy's 1.06b bitsetting firmware. From there, I attempted another burn and was successful. It should be noted that I had the latest version of ImgBurn as well so I don't know if it was in fact the firmware or the updated version of ImgBurn that was responsible for the fix. In any event, I appreciate the efforts of those who responded to help me. Hopefully my experience will be of assistance to others that might be having the same problem. Thanks again.

Edited by ExArmySgt

Anyway, I thought I would see about looking to update the firmware of my drive. Not sure what was in it before but I updated to Liggy's 1.06b bitsetting firmware.

The latest firmware for your burner is 1.09, so you might want to update again :)

Anyway, I thought I would see about looking to update the firmware of my drive. Not sure what was in it before but I updated to Liggy's 1.06b bitsetting firmware.

The latest firmware for your burner is 1.09, so you might want to update again :)

That's an official firmware though right? The latest hacked bitsetting firmware I saw was 1.06b. I'll look again though I'm inclined to leave well enough alone, know what I mean. That whole "If it ain't broke..." thing and all.

Well, looks like you're right. I apparently just didn't see it. Man, I might need to have my eyes checked. :)

Thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by ExArmySgt

Trouble is, is it broken - we just don't know the exact cause yet.

You never did tell us which chipset your board uses - Intel, Nvidia? Do you happen to know the exact model of motherboard you have? (probably only applies if you built the pc yourself)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.