Mulitple recurring issues

Mich_v_g

Okay, i've posted problems before and you are all usually good at finding me an answer. So please help me find an answer before i chuck this silly laptop accross the room....

so here are my issues that are coming up....

1) Stuck at searching for scsi/atapi devices .... i downloaded the thing in the "faq" section, but it still just gets stuck here but tells me nothing more than that. i try shut down the program and it freezes so i have to unplug the cord and battery. had to do this about 6 times in a row last night.

2) last night verifying the disc was VERY slow. what usually takes 10-11 minutes took upwards of 20 minutes. got an error message with numbers on it, but it asked if i wanted to try again, i hit yet, it finished no problem. the other time it took long to verify it didnt pop up with that message, but it still finished fine.

3) If a burn gets stuck in the middle of the write, i can't abort the project. I hit the button and nothing happens. again, unplug and pull battery. How long should it take to abort?

4) there are other days that the setup works BEAUTIFULLY, no errors, no bad discs, no freezing, finds the drive with no hassle, each disk take 15:54 to burn and 10ish to verify. like clockwork.

Any advice would be awesome!

oh ya... one more question not related to imgburn, but still computer related.... my cpu usage seems to be really high upon startup 20%+..... normal?

1. Downloading the thing in the FAQ isn't a magical fix, you're supposed to use to get a debug log and then show it to me.

2. If the drive can't read the disc, no wonder it was taking a while. You probably had a crappy burn - are you using decent media? Try burning at 8x or 12x instead of max (if that's what you're doing).

3. If you system gets hung up then it gets hung up. ImgBurn is not in control once the command has been sent to the drive and if if never gets a response it doesn't have the ability to abort anything.

On bootup your machine does lots of stuff, once it's finished it'll idle again.

1. Downloading the thing in the FAQ isn't a magical fix, you're supposed to use to get a debug log and then show it to me.

2. If the drive can't read the disc, no wonder it was taking a while. You probably had a crappy burn - are you using decent media? Try burning at 8x or 12x instead of max (if that's what you're doing).

3. If you system gets hung up then it gets hung up. ImgBurn is not in control once the command has been sent to the drive and if if never gets a response it doesn't have the ability to abort anything.

On bootup your machine does lots of stuff, once it's finished it'll idle again.

see... that's the thing. i dont get the debug log. it just stick at the searching part.

i'm burning at 5x.

Yes you do, just copy + paste what you see in the Log window.

That's just it... all i get is:

I 10:51:24 ImgBurn Version 2.4.3.0 started!

I 10:51:24 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 10:51:24 Total Physical Memory: 3,139,524 KB - Available: 2,030,488 KB

W 10:51:24 I/O Interface 'Debug Mode' Enabled!

I 10:51:24 Initialising SPTI...

I 10:51:24 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

nothing more than that.....

ok and what does it say in the statusbar?

Does it make a difference if you have a disc in the drive or not?

Can't remember at this moment what it says in the status bar... it is currently writing a disc.

it doesn't matter if there is a disc in it or not. i thought it liked having the disc in before opened the program, but i'm being proved wrong now. it does it no matter what.

sometimes it helps if i go into "my computer" and click on the drive when there is a disc in it just to tell it to wake up. then it works.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.