DVD Shrink Replacement?

john lanza

I've used ImgBurn with DVD Shrink for several years. No copyright infringements here...

Since my work computer has been updated to Windows 7, and it appears that there aren't any safe and secure DVD Shrink downloads, I'm looking for a solution to replace my DVD Shrink to ImgBurn workflow.

So are there any suggestions here for a replacement for DVD Shrink? We have Nero Platinum, but even though I was able to create an ISO file, I guess the ones I tried weren't the right type for DVD compliance (admittedly, I am very green with the Nero Platinum software).

I also tried doing everything within ImgBurn, but I want to be able to select specific files on the disk. For example, a company sends me a DVD with four thirty-minute episodes. I want to be able to rip/burn the individual episodes to individual disks. 

Any suggestions?

I've used ImgBurn with DVD Shrink for several years. No copyright infringements here...

....  I'm looking for a solution to replace my DVD Shrink to ImgBurn workflow.

So are there any suggestions here for a replacement for DVD Shrink?

You don't clarify your use case much, but since you say you have no need to violate copyright I guess you don't need the CSS-cracking part of DVD Shrink - just the transcoding (compression) and/or ability to author a DVD format file structure and disk image (DVD-Video-compatible ISO).

I don't know of anything other than Nero for transcoding, but if you just wanted to pick individual VOB files out of a source DVD, and put them on individual DVDs, each with it's own (new ?) DVD menu, then I'd try DVD Styler.  I'm pretty sure it accepts VOB files as input.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.