Am I the only one...

ronhoffman2

who has been experiencing problems since upgrading to the new version. I had no problems with 2.4.3, but since I installed 2.4.4, I'm making a lot of coasters. How do I download an older version or fix this one? I can't find the older versions on the website.

Ive never encountered a problem since upgrading,,

what i suggest is post a LOG here and we'll see whats going on...

but mean while, make sure as always that you use quality media and keep your firmware up to date!

here's my log and I use Sony DVDs and have never had a problem in the last few years that i've been using imgburn until I installed this latest version.

I 17:43:36 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 17:43:36 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 17:43:36 Total Physical Memory: 3,074,504 KB - Available: 1,386,372 KB

W 17:43:36 AnyDVD can interfere with ImgBurn's ability to verify accurately, please ensure it's disabled!

I 17:43:36 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:43:36 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:43:36 Found 2 DVD

I 17:44:43 Destination Device: [0:0:0] ATAPI DVD A DH20A3H YP5X (G:) (USB)

I 17:44:43 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: SONY16D1) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x, 18x)

I 17:44:43 Write Speed: 4x

The error comes directly from your drive and using an older ImgBurn version would show the same error. Maybe you've hit a patch of lower-than-before quality blanks? Anyway, try burning at 8x and you might get a better burn. If that doesn't work then try with better quality media, such as Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden blanks. You might also want to try a lens cleaning disc on that burner.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.