MULTIMEDIA PLAYERS

siskoray

Just wondering if anyone can help me in deciding on which multimedia player for my digital library to use on my Standard Def TV and High Def TV. So far I've looked at about 50 plus :wacko: and am having a real hard time in making a decision. The Western Digital HD player which allows you to plug in 2 drives seems attractive, but lacks network capability. I'd like to be able to obviously have my cake and eat it :P by purchasing a device that allows me to play just about every digital format while also allowing me the option of playing content directly from my computer or even adding to those drives from my computer instead of having to disconnect add and reconnect.

Thanks in advance for your answers. Much appreciated.

Cheers. :ninja:

I have a WDTV and it's pretty cool. You're right though, it's annoying that there's no network port.

I guess the popcorn ones have that area covered and I expect they use the same realmagic chip for decoding. There's a unit available where they've paid the DTS license, so you can actually decode DTS audio in files! (another gripe of the WDTV unit).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.