Which company made the HP dvd640 drive? I'm trying to change the Book Type in ImgBurn

AnimeSpiritZ

BenQ by the looks of it. Took about 30 seconds on Google!

I was a bit confused because when I googled it, some people were saying LG or Lite-On. I think BenQ mustve popped up somewhere on my search before too, but yeah. I was just confused between these three. Thanks a lot, i'll try copying it now =]

Edit: My second drive is called DVR-MCC. When I googled for its manufacturer, it showed "PIONEER." But settings for this company isnt within ImgBurn, does that mean its not possible to change the book type for this drive?

Edited by AnimeSpiritZ

Ok, so i've been able to burn my first disc on a DVD+RW and changed its book type to DVD-Rom. But the only reason I was able to change the book type of DVD-Rom was because I selected "Current Media (For DVD+RW Media)." I wasnt able to select Drive (For DVD+RW Media). I showed the message "Unknown (FAILED!) Reason: Invalid Command Operation Code." And When I pressed the refresh button next to "Current Media," the scroll-down box was still the same. So I wasnt able to change the book type for burning a DVD+R DL disc. Is there a solution to this problem?

Ok, it's not one of those then.

What controller is the drive attached to? (which motherboard do you have?)

It could be that your drivers are blocking the command rather than the drive just not supporting it.

If you really must have booktyping capabilities, you might need to invest in a new drive.

Ok, it's not one of those then.

What controller is the drive attached to? (which motherboard do you have?)

It could be that your drivers are blocking the command rather than the drive just not supporting it.

If you really must have booktyping capabilities, you might need to invest in a new drive.

yeah, maybe its the driver. I was never really able to install the driver for this drive, so i've just decided to buy a new LG drive. i'm pretty sure it'll work when it comes in. thanks for all your help, and love the software! =]

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.