Another Burn Speed Question

brainiac

Media is DVD+R

Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00

Speed: 6x 8x 12x 16x

While waiting for enough $$$ to purchase a DVD duplicator, added a 2nd SATA DVD writer. Tried burn with both 2.4.2.0 and 2.4.4.0 but is still confused with the burn speed. I set both DVD writers at 16x but the Average Write Rate and Max Write Rate is not consistent; rate is either 7.1x - 8.1x or 10.1 - 14.4x accordingly.

When the rates are 7.1x - 8.1x, does it mean the media may be not good?

I'm planning to buy some Verbatim DVD+R for comparison. It's better quality, right?

Suppose I add a 3rd SATA DVD Writer, it will drag down all DVD Writer's burn speed?

If I opened 3 instances of imgburn, how best to keep burn speed at optimal?

Thank you for help again ^^

First of all, you should always use the latest version of ImgBurn. Older versions aren't supported.

16x is only reached near the end of the burn (i.e. when the burning laser is near the border of the disc). If there isn't enough data to completely fill the disc (e.g. less than ~4gb) then it won't reach 16x because it won't need to burn near the border.

You can add as many SATA burners as your system can handle and one won't impact performance of the other. As for opening several instances of ImgBurn, the bottleneck will be the HDD(s) where the image/files are being read from: if it can't keep up with the speed then there will be buffer underruns.

You can use the burners in sequence by using the Queue feature, have you looked at it?

First of all, you should always use the latest version of ImgBurn. Older versions aren't supported.

16x is only reached near the end of the burn (i.e. when the burning laser is near the border of the disc). If there isn't enough data to completely fill the disc (e.g. less than ~4gb) then it won't reach 16x because it won't need to burn near the border.

You can add as many SATA burners as your system can handle and one won't impact performance of the other. As for opening several instances of ImgBurn, the bottleneck will be the HDD(s) where the image/files are being read from: if it can't keep up with the speed then there will be buffer underruns.

You can use the burners in sequence by using the Queue feature, have you looked at it?

LUK and Cynthia have also suggested the Queue in my other post, but I still haven't implemented this yet >_<

Thank you mmalves ! :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.