Won't play in standalones, but fine in PCs

mswalker

OK. I am having severe difficulties and feeling totally incompetant. I am doing dvd editing/burning for a friend's business. I have edited the material in windows movie maker and then formatted them to iso in ImgBurn. Was using DVD+RW to begin with but was frustrated with how long the formatting took, so switched to DVD-R. I just am using the burner in my pc (Toshiba Satellite A100/105) However, both of these work flawlessly in a pc (have tried it in several to make sure it wasn't just working in mine) but not in several dvd players. The one I have personally tried is a 2002 Toshiba. The manual says that it may/may not read a DVD-R. I have tried writing at AWS and specifically 4x. I read on other forums that I might need to change the book type but I haven't had any luck getting it to change, since I don't know what burner my computer is...if it's even any of those. The other issue is, for my friend's business I need these dvds to be able to play on anything, since we can't really tell them..."sorry, your dvd player's too old."

hope this isn't a stupid question...but I'm at a total loss! :unsure:

Here's the log:

I 10:04:45 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 10:04:45 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 10:04:45 Total Physical Memory: 514,028 KB - Available: 240,364 KB

W 10:04:45 Drive E:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 10:04:45 Initialising SPTI...

I 10:04:45 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 10:04:45 Found 1 DVD

What's the output of Windows Movie Maker? You might need to convert it to DVD-Video (the format that all DVD players understand) before burning to disc. To do this you can use DVD Flick, ConvertXtoDVD or similar programs.

As for DVD+RW, you only need to format it once: after that, you can simply overwrite it ;)

OK! thank you so much for the help. I downloaded dvdflick and it worked like a charm in a standalone...with only one major glitch. When I play the dvd in anything, the audio and video are not synchronised. However, if you stop/pause it and press play again, they are completely together. The file on my computer plays just fine. I had to change some things (swap out clips, add a title, add music) on the movie and re-encoded it and burned a new dvd and it was exactly the same, except that it was off worse when it starts.

Anything that I'm doing wrong? and should I be in a different forum for this?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.