failure to finalize

tomchook

Hello,

I burned a few image (iso + dvd) files on a DVD+R DL Verbatim discs, and so far I had no problems, but the last image I tried to burn didn't succeed because it had a problem to finalize. At the end, after clicking "continue" it said "Operation Successfully Completed", but the DVD can't be read. I don't think it's an old firmware problem because I was able to burn similar images before.

I'm attaching the LOG file.

Is it possible now to finalize that unreadable DVD somehow?

How can I prevent this from happening in the future?

Thank you very much!

Tom

ImgBurn.log

You should update your firmware regardless. Yours dates back to 2007.

You can avoid it happening again by doing the above and trying the various supported write speeds (note that the 2x you selected isn't even a valid option!).

The slowest speed doesn't always produce the best quality burns.

First of all, where can I find the firmware update for my drive? (I'm not even sure what type is it.. it seems generic..)
I 11:27:15 Destination Device: [2:1:0] TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203D SB00 (E:) (ATAPI)

Right-click on the drive's name and choose Check For Firmware Updates...

or

(in most of ImgBurn's modes) Tools -> Drive -> Check For Firmware Updates...

or

http://www.firmwarehq.com/ -> Samsung -> SH-S203D.

After updating the firmware and rebooting, you can use any of the Supported Write Speeds shown in the Information box (right-side of ImgBurn's window). 6x or 8x usually result in better burns with Verbatim 8x blanks on these 20x Samsung burners.

I've updated to SB01 version, but just before I burn the same image again on a new DVD+R DL, I wonder if it's possible to use instead the "old" DVD+R DL and just to finalize it, since all the information is burned already, and the only problem is with finalization.

Thanks again!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.