MD5 checksum for WAV file is wrong

Jiri Zita

I did reading of Audio CD into CUE+WAV+CDT image with MD5 option enabled and it created MD5 text file with "Image MD5" but it was referenced to "Image.wav" file. It is not correct because when somebody tries to calculate the MD5 checksum for WAV file (as it supposed to be from the meaning of the text file, e.g. in HashCalc, FreeCommander, MD5sum etc.), the calculated MD5 is different. It works perfect for CUE+BIN+CDT probably because the BIN file doesn't contain WAV header.

I think that the text file should contain the correct MD5 checksum for WAV file so everybody can calculate the MD5 checksum by himself and verify the WAV file. The "Image MD5" should be written elsewhere in the text file so it would be clearly visible which one is for WAV file and which one is for burned CD or binary image.

Ah yes, the MD5 is calculated based on what's read from the disc and the wave header is constructed somewhere totally different and then updated at the end... as such I can't MD5 the file properly.

I'll just have to prevent the MD5 from being written / logged when outputting to a WAV.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.