Playing all files on DVD

Zen

I am very much a newbie and lack much understanding in this area. I had three avi files which were converted with subtitles using Avi2Dvd. I wanted to burn all three on to one dvd. I used the "build" mode and added the first Video_TS file. For the second one, it said the name was the same (Video_TS) so I changed it to Video_TS2 and also changed the third file. I then burned it successfully. The problem is that the first video always plays on the regular dvd player but it stops and does not continue to play the next two. I checked the disc content on my computer and all files were within the disc. Previously, I had used Roxio but that program was so unstable that I could no longer use it. When i played DVDs copied in the "compilation" mode in Roxio, the video started automatically and once the episode ended, I could hit the "next" button on the dvd and the second video would play, etc. Now, is this because I changed the VideoTS names of the other two? I also thought I should put all the files into one folder and again I had to change the names but when I tried that, only one episode was copied. Would very much appreciate some help. Thank you.

Hi and welcome to the forum, Zen! :)

You can only have one VIDEO_TS folder on a compliant DVD Movie disc.

What you can do is to "compile" those three VIDEO_TS folders into one by using an authoring program or if you want it quick without any fancy main menu - just use DVD Shrink in re author mode.

Thank you so much for the quick response. I promptly went and downloaded dvd shrink and with help of an online guide, was able to compile the three episodes and it even maintained the subtitles. I used ImgBurn to burn that one folder and all episodes played just as they should. Thanks you so much again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.