Optimal Layer Break Calculation

Nincsen2

Hi there,

I'm happy that the Layer Break Calculation works fine for Video, but I'm also writing a lot of data DVD-DLs.

I noticed that ImgBurn will use 50%-50% for most of the data DVD-DLs, and as such it often happens that the layer break will be in a middle of a file on the disc.

In Sonic DVD Producer v3.1 it will be checked that such as above doesn't happen and if possible Layer Break will be calculated so, that the L1 start will be same place with a file beginning, so when reading 1 file, the reader doesn't have to change layers. Of course it can happen, that L0 is 60% and L1 is only 40% but that's acceptable, layer change inside a file on some data applications can cause long delays.

This is mostly important when DVD-DL is not just used to store data, but actually programs are running from it, e.g. Navi Systems or Educational applications.

Currently I use ImgBurn to build the image, then UltraISO to select a LBA so, that L0 will be bigger then L1 and still fit on the disc, then use ImgBurn Write with User Specified L0 sector count.

Would it be possible to have an Optimal LB Calculation for data DVD-DLs too?

Thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.