Bad verbatims or bad burner or bad user!?!?!?

bidomo

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forums, but I've been using ImgBurn for quite a while.

I've burned some DL's, some verbatim 2.4x DL's, and I've been reading about problems with DL's...

Always use verbatims, so this is kind of strange (had a problem with some of them in the past but, the problem was the firmware on my burner).

Tried burning in 4x, so I guess that was the problem, never had a single trouble reading or writing in this burner before, it's 1 year old

This is the bad burn

I 02:01:37 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 02:01:37 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 02:01:37 Total Physical Memory: 3,668,624 KB - Available: 2,258,080 KB

I 02:01:37 Initialising SPTI...

I 02:01:37 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 02:01:37 Found 1 DVD

Edited by bidomo

I 02:42:46 Destination Device: [0:1:0] ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P 9P53 (H:) (ATA)

I 02:42:46 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x)

Update ImgBurn. Also update your burner's firmware (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished). Try burning at 6x or 8x. You might want to try a lens cleaning disc on that drive.

After doing all that, if it fails with Verbatim 2.4x blanks then you should start looking for a new burner :thumbup:

I 02:42:46 Destination Device: [0:1:0] ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P 9P53 (H:) (ATA)

I 02:42:46 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x)

Update ImgBurn. Also update your burner's firmware (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished). Try burning at 6x or 8x. You might want to try a lens cleaning disc on that drive.

After doing all that, if it fails with Verbatim 2.4x blanks then you should start looking for a new burner :thumbup:

Thanks for the reply!

So, from what I understand, I can burn 2.4x verbatims at higher speeds?

BTW, I've been burning games like nothing in the same drive and same firmware

Edited by bidomo

You can burn them in any of the supported write speeds shown in the Information box (those are reported by the drive itself).

Have you considered that your current batch of discs could be lower quality than the ones you've burned before? Or the one that worked had just an acceptable (i.e. not great) quality? Your drive is capable of doing quality scans so I think you should do a few and compare with the ones from other members posted at http://club.cdfreaks.com/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.