operation success! but not really

chaosthebomb

Whenever I burn an image to a dual layer disc, it usually completes, I'll verify and that will also complete properly. however when I go to test out the disc in my console it sometimes isn't readable. When I first got this new laptop the first disc I used failed half way through, but the next 6 worked fine, but now I've just wasted a stack of 15 which all completed successfully, no errors were recorded in the log, no breaks or pauses except when I had to push the disc back in to verify the contents.

My laptop is using a bc-5500s drive with firmware 1.C0 I'm not to sure how to update this as the support site for it only offers updates for firmware versions 1.01-1.04. The blank meda I'm turning into coasters is verbatim, memorex, and fugifilm, the last 15 I've wasted have been all verbatim's (made in singapore of course, sorry this isn't the issue this time).

The problem is not just my xbox as I have tested these games on 3 other consoles and all have the exact same issue. not the mention that the xbox still works fine with the games it already has, the backups it already has and the new ones this laptop just made for it. there were about 6 images prior to the stack of 15 it wasted, so what I'm saying is, it was working right.

I could try burning another image and posting the log but I'm really sick and tired of making coasters. is the log stored somewhere where I can go and bring it up?

You can find the old logs in ImgBurn's Help menu.

Laptop burners aren't good for burning, and since it seems you're doing a lot of dual-layer burns, have you thought about buying a normal-size burner in an external enclosure?

I 14:07:03 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 14:07:03 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 14:07:03 Total Physical Memory: 3,143,852 KB - Available: 1,742,248 KB

I 14:07:04 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:07:04 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:07:04 Found 1 BD-ROM/DVD

I've heard Pioneer 116/117/216/217 burners are great for dual-layer burning, and since your internal drive doesn't work even with Verbatim media, I guess an external burner is the only option :unsure:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.