Write speed changes

Not_Over

Hi,

I am using ImgBurn 2.5 and I'm having a problem with the write speed. I want to burn at 2x, so I choose in "Device"-->"Write Speed": "2x", but when the burning process starts, the writing speed goes up to "4x" and stays there. I have tried several brands like Memorex and Verbatim and several types: DVD+/-R, DVD+/-RW and DVD+/-R DL and the same happened to all of them.

My drive is a LG GH22 22x Internal Super Multi DVD Rewriter and has the latest firmware update. According to its specifications it can burn at 2x DVD-R/-RW and at 2.4x DVD+R/RW/+R DL. I also tried to burn DVD+R/RW at 2.4x, but the speed will stay at 4x instead of staying at 2.4x.

Here's the log (I attached it also):

I 03:02:07 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 03:02:07 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Edition (6.0, Build 6002 : Service Pack 2)

I 03:02:07 Total Physical Memory: 4.191.352 KB - Available: 2.237.748 KB

W 03:02:07 SPTD can have a detrimental effect on drive performance.

I 03:02:07 Initialising SPTI...

I 03:02:07 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 03:02:07 Found 4 DVD-ROMs and 1 DVD

ImgBurnlog2.log

Edited by Not_Over

I 03:03:23 Destination Device: [4:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22NP20 1.03 (E:) (RAID)

I 03:03:23 Destination Media Type: DVD+RW (Disc ID: MKM-A02-00) (Speeds: 4x)

That's because your burner only supports burning that media at 4x. It did burn and verify fine though, so it shouldn't be an issue. What's the problem you're having?

By the way, there's newer firmware available for your burner (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished).

I 03:03:23 Destination Device: [4:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22NP20 1.03 (E:) (RAID)

I 03:03:23 Destination Media Type: DVD+RW (Disc ID: MKM-A02-00) (Speeds: 4x)

That's because your burner only supports burning that media at 4x. It did burn and verify fine though, so it shouldn't be an issue. What's the problem you're having?

By the way, there's newer firmware available for your burner (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished).

That's strange because in the manual it says the drive can burn at 2x and at 2.4x different types of DVDs...

My problem is just that the speed changes from 2x/2.4x to 4x.

Edited by Not_Over

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.