Build button disappears and appears at inappropriate times

franje123

I checked the FAQ and this subsection to find an answer, and since I couldn't, I thought someone might be able to answer here?

I followed the instructions from this site which state how to burn DVD movies from .VOB files on my computer.

When I click on Mode->Build, the big Build button at the bottom of the window is active but the Destination field is empty (Output is set to Image File).

I then click on Output->Device and this causes the big Build button to fade but now the Destination field displays my D drive (i.e. my DVD drive).

If I change back to Output->Image File, the Build button re-appears but Destination field goes empty again.

Am I doing something wrong?

Is it possible that this is caused by my DVD burner not accepting DVD-R discs (I ask this because there is a message at the bottom of the main ImgBurn window: Device Not Ready (Unable to recover TOC))?

For what it is worth, I have included the log here:

I 10:35:53 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 10:35:53 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 10:35:53 Total Physical Memory: 2,086,880 KB - Available: 1,323,216 KB

I 10:35:53 Initialising SPTI...

I 10:35:53 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 10:35:53 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW!

E 10:36:02 Failed to check for ImgBurn update!

Thanks to all in advance.

If you're trying to burn a DVD then forget about it, your drive can only burn CD's.

That's why it's disabled when you're attempting to output directly to the drive/device.

If you want to create an ISO file on your hard drive, type the name into the destination box when 'Output' is set to 'Image file'.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.