Waiting for buffer to recover and cant burn above 4x

hassan

Hi I am burning an xbox 360 game on this drive for the first time. The drive I had was a pioneer dvr115d, caused semaphore timeouts, etc. Changed to Sony Optiarc 7240s this drive, these errors do not appear anymore.

I used to be able to burn at 8x before, and this speed would for some reason let me play my backed up 360 games, anything lower than that would give a read error (even though abgx would verify everything).

When I burn anything using this, I find that during the first few percentages of burning, the buffer would go down to zero, and then it will say waiting for buffer to recover. After doing this, it happens again. Afterwards, it's fine.

Anyway, after burning I found that the game would not run (burnt at 2.4x), so I figured, might as well try burning at 8x again. However, the max speed it would write is 4x, even though I set it to 8.

I did not have this problem with my previous drive. So why is this happening here?

And please, I am begging everyone, don't tell me to use verbatim discs. It's what I am using, MKM-001 from singapore.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.