Virtual Drives Question.

Paladin77

First I would like to thank the author and support team of this great software.

As the topic says and quickly and simply I ask: Does all installed Virtual Drivers installed detrimentally affect the drive speeds or is it only the SPTD driver installed by software like Daemon Tools, Astroburn and Alcohol 120%?

I am asking because I gave Daemon tools a 1 way ticket to the dumpster (I am quoting Cynthia here :thumbup: ) due to issues in Windows 7 in addition to slow and aberrant drive performance.

I replaced it with VirtualClone Drive as my virtual disc utility only to find out it does install a driver of its own like shown below:

screenys.jpg

As for Imgburn it doesn't really show any warnings or notable speed changes, but just to make sure when I recommend the imgburn Vclone combo I would like to ask, will this new VClone driver affect the drive performance?

Thnx in Advance and sorry if this question has been asked before I searched but closest matches were regarding SPTD driver.

Regards

Paladin77

Yes I did use their utility and since I know what I am doing I walked the extra mile to remove any traces of legacy SPTD driver in the Windows Registry. I do not get warnings in imgburn. I like Virtual Clone more since its easier to use and I can right click to quickly mount an image but as I said would like to know if its driver will have any effect.

Edited by Paladin77

Oh one Final question. I started imgburn today and checked for firmware update I found an update to the LG GT10N drive from 1.01 to 1.06 but that firmware according to firmware hq seems to belong to Dell. My laptop is an MSI should I ignore this update or what?

Thnx

Paladin77

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.