French Daleks?

dbminter

I was watching some footage of the recent French :buba: riots over the jobs for life issue thing over there. Whatever, who cares?! :lol: One particular piece shows some kind of riot control vehicle with two water cannons on it. Each is apparently separately controlled, allowing to target two different areas simultaneously. At one point, one cannon fired water at protestors while the other was stationary. At that moment, I was immediately reminded of the Peter Cushing Doctor Who movie Daleks. :devil: The way those shot CO2 fire extinguisher gas was very close to the jet of water.

That's it! The shot I saw that made me think this is exactly like the above, except the water cannon on the left, as you look at it, was not firing.

Also kind of reminds me of the War Machines from the Doctor Who serial called The War Machines. =))

It's an interesting comment on the desensitization of violence on the news towards kids, I suppose. "Oh, look, Daddy! He got hit with a jet of water! But, it barely inconvenienced him. Why aren't they using bullets, Dad?" "Because the French are cowards, son." =))

:lol: That was almost word for word db - very spooky !! :lol:

Actually I think our eldest was sitting waiting for the police to start using rubber bullets.... julli-gun.gif yet our youngest (4) was worried about the people being knocked over and hit by water. Guess he is still concerned enough for those around him eh ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.