Write Error

sandman tribe

Having issues with trying to burn with verbatim 2.4x DVD+DL

I'm using a Toshiba satellite x205-s9349 with a pioneer hd drive...cheers sm

I 11:48:05 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 11:48:05 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6002 : Service Pack 2)

I 11:48:05 Total Physical Memory: 3,143,168 KB - Available: 1,783,676 KB

I 11:48:05 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:48:05 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:48:05 Found 1 HD DVD-ROM/DVD

You could try cleaning the drive or using 8x Verbatim discs (MKM-003-00 dye) but you might be better off just buying a decent external drive.

it was working fine a month ago...then i had to do a fresh install of vista then then Imgburn update???

It would suck to have a external burner ....cheers

Well ok, how many of the MKM-001-00's have actually failed?

Have you tried a cleaning disc in the drive as suggested?

Where are your Verbatims made? (look on the spindle/case)

Your drive is reporting the error so it can only be a drive/firmware/media combo issue. Nothing else even comes into it so OS / software updates shouldn't make any difference at all.

Your drive is reporting the error so it can only be a drive/firmware/media combo issue. Nothing else even comes into it so OS / software updates shouldn't make any difference at all.

I have a DVD cleaner that i used last week.this is the 3rd disc that failed and yes they are made in Singapore.I have been burning for a year now and i was hoping maybe it was an issue with my firmware needing to be updated or that i should go back to the previous ImgBurn.....thanks for your help

I have a DVD cleaner that i used last week.this is the 3rd disc that failed and yes they are made in Singapore.I have been burning for a year now and i was hoping maybe it was an issue with my firmware needing to be updated or that i should go back to the previous ImgBurn.....thanks for your help

Cleaned up the player again and this is what i get....guess no luck for me.........this sucks

I 14:49:39 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 14:49:39 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6002 : Service Pack 2)

I 14:49:39 Total Physical Memory: 3,143,168 KB - Available: 1,997,312 KB

I 14:49:39 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:49:39 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:49:39 Found 1 HD DVD-ROM/DVD

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.