Multiple .iso files

tercr6

I have around 6 - 8 .iso images in MBs i need to burn to make a bootable CD(s) or Cd and a DVD .

They will not all fit on one DVD-RW

I burnt the #1 image using CdburnerXP , but that CDR will not load .

I have used Cdburner to burn 1 .iso image for win7 and that worked , but I can not get that program to burn more that 1 image on the disk.

I ran across a post that stated to use Imgburn .

How do I do this ?

You can queue up multiple images to burn to multiple discs but you can't burn multiple images onto a single disc.... well, not unless you want them 'backed up' as actual files rather than writing them how you're supposed to burn them.

Remember that an ISO is an image of an entire disc. That is to say, you burn a complete new disc from a single image. (1 image = 1 disc)

You can queue up multiple images to burn to multiple discs but you can't burn multiple images onto a single disc.... well, not unless you want them 'backed up' as actual files rather than writing them how you're supposed to burn them.

Remember that an ISO is an image of an entire disc. That is to say, you burn a complete new disc from a single image. (1 image = 1 disc)

Ok , I'm trying to burn bootable disk .

As in 1 through - 6 .

I had burn the # 1 .iso to CDR , unfortunately that CD will not boot up to install .

I went into bios and set the CD drives as first .

I also read somewhere that if you convert the .iso's and drop/drag or copy/past all the files from all the .iso's into one folder .then burn all the files to cd or dvd that will work .

Haven't tried it ,what do people here think ?

Assuming none of the files conflict with each other, I guess that could work, yes.

You'll still need to extract the bootable bit from the first disc and apply it to the new image you make though.

Isn't it easier to just download a version of said program that's made for DVD rather than 6 CD's though?

Assuming none of the files conflict with each other, I guess that could work, yes.

You'll still need to extract the bootable bit from the first disc and apply it to the new image you make though.

Isn't it easier to just download a version of said program that's made for DVD rather than 6 CD's though?

I hear you . With windows 7 RC and platinum it's one .iso file .

Unfortunately this one goes to a folder ( named ) and contains multiple .iso's .

The 6th one says R&R bootable ?

• 2 weeks later...
I really have no idea, this is something you need to figure out yourself or with whoever supplied the discs/images.

If you have an actual problem using ImgBurn then feel free to ask for help, otherwise you're on your own.

I have 3 DVD burners in my PC. I have a lot of .iso files to build and burn; and I want to use multiple burners simply to reduce the waiting time. I am only burning one copy of each iso, but will have up to 3 different iso images being burnt at the same time.

Is ImgBurn capable of this ? I assume so, as it just means having 3 instances of the software open at the same time. Does this cause any issues or conflicts though ?

Many thanks

I have 3 DVD burners in my PC. I have a lot of .iso files to build and burn; and I want to use multiple burners simply to reduce the waiting time. I am only burning one copy of each iso, but will have up to 3 different iso images being burnt at the same time.

Is ImgBurn capable of this ? I assume so, as it just means having 3 instances of the software open at the same time. Does this cause any issues or conflicts though ?

Many thanks

Search this forum and you'll have your answers. In the future you should also avoid hijacking other people's threads.

Many thanks

Search this forum and you'll have your answers. In the future you should also avoid hijacking other people's threads.

"Hijacking ?". Pal - relax. Quit the aggressive style. I'm new here, and my issue is very related to this thread. Aren't threads conversations ? I suggest you don't take such a reactionary stance in future - it's not good for your stress levels !

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.