Write Speed Miscompare!

Frankenstien

I searched this phrase and found a couple of threads dealing with "Write Speed Miscompare!".

The experience of others and the advice given to them seems to indicate the issue is predominantly drive f/w-centric.

Here's an example of an ImgBurn 2.5.0.0 Warning I am encountering at the beginning of a burn (log file excerpt): "Write Speed Miscompare! - Wanted: 1,385 KB/s (1x), Got: 8,310 KB/s (6x)"

I'm wondering if my Plextor PX-716A's f/w (f/w V1.11, 03/23/07) & / or PlexTools Professional LE V3.13 s/w (supports up to 6X CLV with Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4X media) is overriding the Write Speed setting I am selecting in ImgBurn 2.5.0.0 - I like to try to force the Write Speed down to 1X with ImgBurn but I think PlexTools seems to want to default to the maximum Write speed supported for the aforementioned media. I used to believe that PlexTools (FYI, previously was using PlexTools Professional V2.35) was varying the burn speed on-the-fly - maybe it still is, I'm not absolutely sure.

Q. - Should I be able to override the PlexTools s/w Write Speed somewhere in its GUI (without disabling the beneficial calibration / write stategy features of the PlexTools s/w)?

Thanks, FFF

ImgBurn_172_.log

I 21:28:04 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: MKM-001-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x)

W 21:28:04 Write Speed Miscompare! - Wanted: 1,385 KB/s (1x), Got: 8,310 KB/s (6x)

I 22:12:25 Average Write Rate: 3,254 KB/s (2.3x) - Maximum Write Rate: 3,440 KB/s (2.5x)

2.4x, 4x and 6x are the only available speeds with your current burner/firmware/media combination: you can't force the burner to use an unsupported speed. Also the slowest speed doesn't necessarily result in a better quality burn.

As for the write speed miscompare, even though your drive is reporting the wrong value (6x), it's in fact using the closest available speed to the one you've selected.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.