Create ISO from data track on mixed-mode disks

drij

I've recently dusted some of my old DOS games, and have been using Dosbox to run them for a while now.

I eventually got tired of switching disks around, and decided to create images of them and use Dosbox's internal IMGMOUNT feature. This works fine with the BIN/CUE pairs ImgBurn creates for the mixed-mode disks, but the size of the images was larger than I had expected or was willing to make room for. Most of this space is used by lossless CD-audio tracks in the disk, and after poking around a bit on the Dosbox wiki, I found a way to use lossy mp3 or ogg tracks instead of the orginals using Cuesheets.

To do this with Dosbox, each track needs to be in a separate file. I was able to create the files for the audio tracks using standard CD-ripping software. Creating an image of the data track was a problem.

It would definitely make ImgBurn more valuable to me if it were able to create an ISO file from a single track on a multi-track CD, or, if it already can, make it clear that this is an option.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.