Previous success, now only failures.

Magislayer

Hey guys, I am new to the forum, so please take my question with a grain of newb-salt. I have used ImgBurn successfully on many occasions, but have not gotten any new backups in a while. I recently attempted to burn three different games, each 2-3 times, and have had no success. I have researched the forums for the issue (The XBOX see's the backups as DVD's, not games) and the only answer I have seen has been that I need to talk with whomever flashed my system.

My question is this however: Why, if I have been successful in burning in the past, would my system suddenly not see these new games? Notice I said it stops seeing these NEW games, it still plays all of the old backups fine, that is why I do not believe it is something with my Xbox console itself. It will read and play all my old backups fine, but does not seem to play anything new. I am not at home right now, so I can not verify my version of ImgBurn. I will verify that I have the newest version tonight however. I will do the same for ABGX.

Can anyone give me an idea what may be causing the problem? If you think it IS my console, why does it still play my older backups?

Thanks ahead of time for any support you guys may offer!

Thanks mmalves, I checked that post and I'll have to check with my upgrader to see if there is a new firmware or something because mine is doing the same, and since the games that I have PREVIOUSLY burned still play fine and all of my hardware is the same, I can only assume there is a new protection level that I need my system updated to accommodate. Oh, and BTW, THANK YOU to you and Lightning for responding so quickly and accurately to everyone's posts! I know it can't be easy, but you guys do a great job!

Just spoke with my guy. He said that the update he believes he did on my system was 1.51 and he knows there is a 1.6 that he has had to do on his own and some other peoples, so that DOES seem to be the problem! Lightning if you want to direct these questions to this thread, I think that would help people out. I know you don't support system issues, but this does seem to be a definative answer. I will post again next week when I have my system upgraded to verify if that really did fix the issue.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.