Pre-installed Windows 7

dimwit

Not being an expert like the rest of the post contributors I depend on your helpful step by step instructions to solve my problems! Having attempted to follow an example of producing an ISO file of Vista I attempted the same procedure on my pre-installed Windows 7 without any success. On the face of it, the method should work but I found that with W7 it was looking for a different sub-directory (trevino or treviso? – memory problems – mine!) than the one named with the method suggested.

The other problem I had was with the GUI of ImgBurn itself in that the drop-down options when setting up the files location, were far too many in the boot directory which could not be identified because the menu was simply not wide enough to display all the options and enable their identification. Perhaps a tweak or two? Would you also consider running a test with a pre-installed version of W7 to check this out, ideally with an Acer Aspire laptop in case there are special or unique identifying features with this model/manufacturer?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.