File types that ImgBurn creates

Raptor88

1. I'm trying to determine which file types ImgBurn will create when reading a CD or DVD disc to the HDD.

Just trying to cover the four most common types of discs that people want to copy. Is the list below correct?

DATA CD (has folders and files)--- .ISO only

AUDIO CD (playable in CD players)--- .BIN and .CUE

DATA DVD (has folders and files)--- .ISO and .MDS

MOVIE DVD (has Audio & Video_TS folders) --- .ISO and .MDS

2. Then to burn the files to a disc, should ImgBurn always be told to burn the .CUE and .MDS files if they exist rather than the associated .BIN or .ISO files?

3. Will there be any negative effects if I always select the .ISO file to burn even if an associated .MDS file exists?

.... (I believe I should always select the .CUE file to burn the .BIN file.)

Thanks,

Raptor

Edited by Raptor88

1. The program makes a CUE (and therefore a BIN file rather than an ISO) if the CD disc is multitrack/session or contains Mode 2 sectors (rather than Mode 1).

The program makes a MDS file if the DVD/HD DVD/BD disc is double layer or

2. Yes.

3. Yes, there's a chance you won't get the LB in the right place.

1. The program makes a CUE (and therefore a BIN file rather than an ISO) if the CD disc is multitrack/session or contains Mode 2 sectors (rather than Mode 1).

The program makes a MDS file if the DVD/HD DVD/BD disc is double layer or < 1GB in size.

2. Yes.

3. Yes, there's a chance you won't get the LB in the right place.

Thanks for all that "good" info. The types of files ImgBurn creates during a read operation is more complicated than I originally thought.

BTW, for the clueless folks like me, I googled what "LB" means and I think it's an abbreviation for Layer Break.

By testing I know ImgBurn can create a .ISO file without creating a .MDS file.

QUESTION:

If ImgBurn creates a .BIN file, will it "always" create a .CUE file too?

Thanks,

Raptor

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.