Used ImgBurn to create ISO & layer switch...

DERG

Used ImgBurn to create the ISO file & layer switch point was set at that time; now when I try to burn it errors with "Cannot set the layer break position when burning DVD-R DL media. Do I want to continue?"

I don't get it. I set the layer break when creating the ISO with ImgBurn so why would it ask me this? What happens if I say Yes? BTW - I have created DVD+R DL with my editing software but DVD+R DL will not play properly on my blu-ray player & that's why I'm working with DVD-R DL.

Edited by DERG

That's a limitation of the DVD-R DL standard: you can't change the position of the layerbreak.

As for DVD+R DL, it's been around for ages and your BluRay player should play it without problems. Have you read this?

Sorry, I don't understand your reply. I don't want to change it, I just want to burn the ISO image which has a predetermined layer break set by ImgBurn. Are you saying I can burn & let it make it's layer break on the fly?

And,Yes I did read that & in my post I said my player will not play DVD+R DL properly; no chapter switching. The player manual says it will play DVD-R DL only so DVD-R DL is it.

That ISO was made for a DVD+R DL disc so you can't properly burn it to a DVD-R DL disc.

Mount that ISO image to a virtual drive, or extract its contents with 7-Zip/WinRAR/etc, and then use Build mode to burn the VIDEO_TS folder to your DVD-R DL disc. Keep the Log window open and pay attention to any messages that ImgBurn may show there.

That ISO was made for a DVD+R DL disc so you can't properly burn it to a DVD-R DL disc.

Mount that ISO image to a virtual drive, or extract its contents with 7-Zip/WinRAR/etc, and then use Build mode to burn the VIDEO_TS folder to your DVD-R DL disc. Keep the Log window open and pay attention to any messages that ImgBurn may show there.

Hi

The video is from a wedding video I produced & edited so I created the ISO from the VIDEO_TS. I'll mount that & burn & pay attention to the messages.

Thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.