Getting very bad recording speeds after upgrading to Imageburn 2.5.0.0

IrishLordU2

Last week, I tried to burn a DL DVD at home (that was my first attempt ever). I know the best media available are Verbatim DL, but didn't have them at hand, so got Imation ones. Before burning it, I upgraded my home PC DVD recorder (Sony DRU 720A J02) firmware to latest version (J08). After that, I tried to record the disk but operation failed two times, so I gave up till next day.

When at work following morning, I installed same version of Imageburn (2.5.0.0) in my notebook (here I have a TSSTcorp DVD +-RW TS-L632H D200) and after some help from a workmate, I could record the 4 DL disks I wanted. Only one problem was that the recording speed was just 1.2x, instead of 16x I usually get with DVD5. Since that upgrade, I can't longer get old recording speeds in any of both recorders. In my home PC, I already uninstalled Daemon Tools and SPTD driver (I was getting "SPTD can have a detrimental effect on drive performance" error) and in my Dell Vostro 1500 notebook removed Imageburn 2.5.0.0 and have tried Nero and CloneDVD2, I no longer get good recording speeds.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

THanks a million!

First of all, upgrade your notebook's burner firmware (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished). Also notice that all slim burners can burn only up to 8x speed. Anyway, the burner might be in PIO mode, which slows down both burn and read speeds, so read this thread on how to check and solve that problem.

As for your Sony DRU-720A burner, even on the latest JY08 firmware it may not have good support for the blanks you're using, and that could be why it doesn't burn them correctly.

First of all, upgrade your notebook's burner firmware (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished). Also notice that all slim burners can burn only up to 8x speed. Anyway, the burner might be in PIO mode, which slows down both burn and read speeds, so read this thread on how to check and solve that problem.

As for your Sony DRU-720A burner, even on the latest JY08 firmware it may not have good support for the blanks you're using, and that could be why it doesn't burn them correctly.

Many thanks for the reply and tips mmalves. Did the "You dont have DMA enabled on the drive / IDE channel" Workaround and it worked fine for my Sony DRU-720A. Now it records at very good speeds with no problem (even using Imation media).

Thanks a million !

Edited by IrishLordU2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.